Stanley in Africa



I'm back after some radio silence with more 1/72 scale plastics. I also decided to start a new blog, as the old one is a bit of a mess. 

With the new blog I want to focus on late XIX century (roughly 1865-1900 period), but I might (and probably will ☺) jump to Napoleonics and other periods. With this post I want to present to you a conversion based on an figure found in HaT 8268 Askari set, with some parts from Italeri 6050 Zulu Wars British Infantry set, depicting the legendary explorer Henry Morton Stanley

Above was roughly inspired by below photograph:

Stanley 1872, Smithsonian Libraries and Archives, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons  
 

Unfortunately, I could not find a suitable figure for Stanley's adopted son Kalulu, so I painted one of Hat 8269 Ruga-Ruga figures instead.

 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Excellent work on these figures!
    And good luck with the new blog!
    Greetings,
    Peter
    https://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First bases of Early Medieval Russian army